EMX Sacramento is an intense pre-med and med-student program dedicated to near-peer mentorship across three domains: Undergraduates, Medical Students, and Emergency Physicians. While observing clinical cases at the UC Davis Emergency Department, EMX Interns are assigned a medical student preceptor, creating a unique one-on-one education and mentorship experience for both the EMX Intern and Preceptor.
EMX Interns also attend regular seminars focused on the fundamentals of emergency medicine. Problem-based learning and hands-on workshops are the primary modes of teaching and EMX Interns also have the opportunity to share their own learning experiences via undergraduate pre-health student clubs and online blogs & podcasts. EMX advocates for Free Open-Access Medical Education (FAOMed) community and encourages all members to share their knowledge with others.
The Emergency Medicine Xperience also supports medical students interested in emergency medicine through clinical teaching opportunities and career development through all four years of medical school. EMX Preceptors attend monthly academic conferences focused on core clinical content as well as participate in various clinical skills workshops.
EMX Interns, HERE
– Current or former UC Davis undergraduate in good academic standing
– Cumulative GPA at least 3.0 and/or MCAT at least 50th percentile
– Human Physiology (eg, NPB 101) with grade of “B” or better
– Human Anatomy (eg, CHA 101/L) strongly recommended
Applications available on Aggie Job Link
– Search for “EMX Intern” (Internship/Externship)
– Available during the 1st month of each quarter
Please register with the Internship & Career Center
– Register as “pre-med” to receive notifications about EMX events
– You will also receive information about other great pre-health events
EMX Preceptors, HERE
– Current UC Davis Medical Student in good academic standing
– EMR 401 and successful completion of MS1/Block 1 coursework
– Emergency medicine AND teaching experience strongly encouraged
– Precept at least two 4-hours ED shifts each month
– Attend and participate in monthly academic conference
– Available online at: HERE
– Rolling interviews, quarterly training